For women who want to achieve a bigger, wider bottom, there are a variety of exercises one can do that will help to build muscle mass in these desired areas. To add, making sure you are getting enough protein in your diet will aid in the necessary muscle growth and development for attaining bigger glutes.
Here is how to get bigger glutes for women in more detail:
Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals or experts. What is written throughout the content of our website is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical or professional advice. What you choose to do with the information provided is at your own risk and discretion. Before making any significant changes to your diet and / or lifestyle, be sure to contact your health practitioner.
MAINTAIN AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF PROTEIN IN YOUR DIET
We need protein in our diet for a variety of reasons and functions. When trying to build muscle mass in any part of your body, an adequate protein consumption is especially important. The amino acids derived from proteins aid in muscle growth and development among other purposes. In the effort to achieve bigger glutes, there are protein sources that can additionally help contribute a sizable number of calories to help further increase mass.
Good muscle-building sources of protein include:
- Lean cut meats
- Protein shakes and powders
INCORPORATE TARGETED EXERCISES IN YOUR WORKOUT
The most efficient and effective way in how to get bigger glutes for women is to do strengthening exercises that concentrate on the glute muscles and other surrounding muscles (hip muscles, thighs, etc.) to help give the appearance of a bigger bottom. You also want to make sure that as you progress you are increasing your number of repetitions and/or weight load to help further advance muscle growth.
Genetics do play a role in the structure and composition of your hips to bottom ratio and cannot be altered. However, there are ways to build muscle surrounding the hips and increase muscle mass in the glutes that can create a wider appearance.
Good exercises for bigger glutes:
- To complete a regular body weight squat, being standing with your feet placed hip-width apart.
- Bend down at the knees careful to not extend them past your feet.
- You can hold your hands behind your head or clamped together in front of you.
- Hold this position briefly and then bring yourself back up to your starting position.
- Repeat your desired number of repetitions.
- Begin by lying on your backside with your arms at your sides, feet placed flat on the ground and knees bent.
- Lift your hips upwards and briefly hold this position.
- Then, lower your body back down.
- Repeat this motion with your desired number of repetitions.
- Begin with your hands and knees level on the floor.
- With your right leg bent at the knee, raise your leg outwards behind you.
- As you do so, your foot should be almost in line with the ceiling.
- Slowly lower your leg back down, but not all the way touching the floor.
- Repeat your desired number of repetitions on your right leg, and then switch to your left leg.
- Start on all fours with your hands and knees level on the ground.
- Extend your right leg out to the side of you, bent at an almost 90-degree angle.
- Briefly hold this position and then bring your leg back to your body.
- Repeat this motion with your desired number of repetitions and then switch and repeat on your opposite leg.
- You can do this exercise either standing or lying down. This one involves lying on your side.
- Start on your right side with your head rested in your hand.
- Extend and raise your left leg outwards to the side of you, and then steadily lower it back down.
- Repeat your desired number of repetitions for your left leg, and then switch to your right leg/side and repeat the same motion.
- There are multiple variations of lunges, this one is your regular body weight lunge.
- Start with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and hands at your hips.
- Take one step forward and lean with your right leg, centering your body weight.
- Step back and return to your starting position.
- Repeat the same motion on your right leg with your desired number of repetitions, and then switch and repeat on your opposite leg.
Attaining bigger glutes often goes hand-in-hand with attaining wider hips. Check out this article on how to get wider hips naturally: