If you want to get thicker arms, building muscle mass in the arms with targeted exercises is going to be the most efficient way to do so. In addition, consuming a sizable amount of protein will also help to aid in muscle growth and development. Altogether, here is how to get thicker arms for women with 10 helpful exercises included:
Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals or experts. What is written throughout the content of our website is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical or professional advice. What you choose to do with the information provided is at your own risk and discretion. Before making any significant changes to your diet and / or lifestyle, be sure to contact your health practitioner.
CONSUME AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF PROTEIN AND CALORIES
An essential key to building muscle is consuming enough protein. Proteins contain certain essential amino acids that our body cannot produce itself and we must get from our diet. Our muscles make use of these amino acids and in turn benefit muscle growth and development.
Your diet can also play a part in how to get thicker arms for women. A nutrient-dense calorie intake will help to supply your body with necessary nutrients needed in the maintenance of healthy body functions. Increasing your calorie count can additionally increase your overall body weight, which can then help to give the arms a thicker appearance.
Click here to check out a list of 12 high-protein foods great for muscle gains:
DO ARM STRENGTHENING EXERCISES
The most effective way to get thicker arms for women is with targeted strength exercises. These exercises will efficiently build muscle mass in the biceps, triceps, etc., helping to tone and create the appearance of thicker arms. Even if you aren’t going for super muscular arms, these exercises will help to tone the arms for your desired look. You can adjust the number of repetitions and frequency that you do your arm exercises according to how thick or muscular you want your arms to be.
Here are 10 helpful exercises you can do for thicker arms:
1) DUMBBELL BICEPS CURL
- One way to get more challenge out of your arm workouts is with the use of dumbbells.
- For this exercise, begin with a straight posture and your feet planted hip-width apart.
- With a dumbbell in both hands facing forwards and arms placed at your side, curl your biceps towards you.
- Briefly hold this position and squeeze your biceps as you do so. Then, slowly release your arms back down.
- Inhale and exhale steadily and repeat your desired number of repetitions.
2) REVERSE FLY
- Begin in a slightly bent-over position with your back kept straight and feet shoulder-width apart.
- With a dumbbell in both hands, extend your arms outwards to the side of you.
- Bring your arms to a close back towards you and repeat your desired repetitions.
3) TRICEPS SWING
- Begin lying on your back with your knees bent and feet placed flat on the floor.
- With a dumbbell in both of your hands, carefully extend your arms directly above you.
- Then, lower your left arm behind you with your right arm still extended.
- Raise your left arm back up, and then lower your right arm.
- Keep repeating this motion, switching back and forth between arms.
4) OVERHEAD DUMBBELL EXTENSION
- Start by stranding straight up with your feet placed shoulder-width apart.
- With a comfortable weight dumbbell in both hands, carefully raise the dumbbells over your head with your arms fully extended.
- Bring the dumbbells back down behind your head to count as one repetition.
5) TRICEPS DIP
- Find a sturdy object to place your hands on to lift yourself up with.
- With your object placed level on the floor, position yourself where your legs are extended straight in front of you, and your hands are placed extended on the object behind you.
- Steadily lower yourself until your elbows are bent at about 90-degrees.
- Then, raise your arms back up to count as one repetition.
6) LATERAL RAISE
- Begin standing with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and your dumbbells placed at your sides.
- Steadily raise your arms out to the side of you so that they fully extend but with a slight bend at the elbow.
- Hold this position briefly and then bring your arms back to your sides.
7) SIDE PLANK
- Start in a position on your side with your legs extended straightforward and feet stacked on each other to balance.
- You are going to begin leaning on your left arm/elbow bent at an almost 90-degree angle.
- Lift yourself up with your left arm, keeping your body straight and feet stacked.
- Hold the position for as long as you can, and then switch to your opposite arm and side.
8) PLANK DUMBBELL ROW
- Begin with your hands placed over your dumbbells holding them in place on the floor and your body in an upright plank position.
- Your arms should be fully extended with the dumbbells holding you up and your legs extended straight behind you.
- Lift your left arm up towards your body with your right arm still placed on the other level dumbbell.
- Lower your left arm back down, and then repeat the same motion with your right arm.
9) ARM CIRCLE
- Start in a standing position with your feet placed hip-width apart.
- Fully extend each of your arms to the sides of you.
- Rotate your arms in a circular motion repeatedly.
- Repeat this motion for as long you can.
- Begin with your palms placed flat on the floor lifting yourself up and your hands and feet on the floor at slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Push down to where your elbows are bent at an almost 90-degree angle.
- Briefly hold this position and then raise yourself back up extending your arms.
- Repeat your desired number of repetitions.
What are your favorite arm exercises to do? Share in the comments down below!