If you want to put on some more weight and muscle in your legs, exercise is essential. Whether you exercise at home or at the gym, now is a time to make the most out of your workouts and put in your utmost effort if you want to see results and build your legs. Aside from exercise, there are a few other basic steps you can take that can help to encourage weight gain and promote muscle growth in your legs. Here is how to gain weight in your legs for women in more detail:
Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals or experts. What is written throughout the content of our website is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical or professional advice. What you choose to do with the information provided is at your own risk and discretion. Before making any significant changes to your diet and / or lifestyle, be sure to contact your health practitioner.
MAINTAIN A HEALTHFUL DIET AND DON’T FORGET YOUR PROTEIN
Regardless of whichever fitness-related goal(s) you have, a healthful diet should be at the foundation. A healthful diet where you are consuming mostly nutrient-dense foods will supply you with a variety of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and more. Nutrients like these help to keep our body up and running. In addition, these wholesome nutrients can benefit you by providing a source of fuel for your workouts. Another important nutrient that is key when seeking how to gain weight in your legs is protein.
We need protein in the maintenance of various body functions. When it comes to how to gain weight in your legs, an adequate protein consumption is especially necessary. Protein contains amino acids that our body needs for differing processes. These amino acids also contribute to muscle growth and development, which can assist you during your workouts and aid in weight gain / muscle growth in your legs. Some examples of healthful, protein-dense foods include quinoa, eggs, beans, plus more. You may even want to consider trying protein bars and shakes as a quick post-workout refreshment.
DO TARGETED EXERCISES AND MAKE YOUR WORKOUTS COUNT
One of the most effective ways to get bigger, toned legs is through exercise. Targeted leg exercises will help you to build muscle mass effectively and efficiently. Select a couple of days out of the week to workout with a few rest days in the mix. Targeted leg exercises will primarily put your leg muscles to work.
When exercising, it is important that you start at a steady, gradual pace and then slowly increase your weight load and repetitions as you progress to further advance your results. Make sure that you stay hydrated throughout your workout and are replenishing your muscles and the rest of your body with revitalizing nutrients like healthy, energizing carbohydrates and protein. Listed below are a few effective exercises that can benefit you in how to gain weight in your legs.
Helpful exercises to gain weight / build muscle mass in your legs:
Body Weight Squat
- Begin with your feet placed hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Next, bend down at your knees, careful not to extend them past your feet. You can keep your arms placed behind your head.
- Briefly hold this bent position, all the while keeping your posture upright.
- Steadily raise yourself back up to your starting position and then repeat the same series of motions.
- Start with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Next, raise yourself up on the heels of your feet to where you are balanced on your toes.
- Briefly hold this position as you keep your calves tight.
- Then, lower yourself back down to where your feet are flat on the floor and you are back at your starting position.
- Repeat the same series of motions, steadily raising and then lowering your calves on your feet.
- Start with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and your arms parallel to your sides.
- Take a step towards your right and lean with your right leg.
- Your opposite leg should be extended slightly towards your side to help maintain your balance.
- Briefly hold this stance and then return to your starting position.
- After that, switch to your opposite leg and repeat.
Lateral Band Walk
- For this exercise, you will want a resistance band. Place the resistance band slightly above your ankles or slightly below your knees.
- Next, get into a regular squat position with your hands grasped in front of you.
- Then, begin taking steps to your left, keeping your knees slightly bent and the band around your legs.
- After that, take a couple of steps to your right and keep alternating sides.
Lying Side Leg Raise
- Begin by lying on your right side with your legs extended in front of you. Your head can be rested in the palm of your hand and your other arm at your side.
- Next, slowly raise your left leg upwards to the side of you.
- Briefly hold this position and then slowly lower your leg back down.
- Repeat your desired number of repetitions and then switch to your opposite side and opposite leg.
OTHER TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN SEEKING HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT IN YOUR LEGS:
- Although you are targeting your legs, it is important that you are exercising the other muscles throughout your body as well to maintain a balanced and proportionate physique.
- Rest days allow time for your muscles to recover and build. Make sure you are giving your body an adequate amount of time to recover by setting a couple of days out of the week to rest in between your workouts.
- At the gym, make use of some of the leg machines during your workouts for faster results.
- Maintain consistency and stay patient.